- Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
- If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Archive for ◊ September, 2015 ◊
I always get a kick out of Leftist politicians around the small burg of Dayton, Ohio, who aspire to be like San Francisco in the Midwest (Is Dayton going to become a ‘sanctuary city’?). They believe that these cultural allures make them appear more progressive.
I checked out the list of cities desiring immigrants of questionable background… and lo and behold, look who’s number 8:
And here are the 18 cities which need new mayors!
- Ed Pawlowski, Mayor of Allentown, PA
- Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Mayor of Baltimore, MD
- Martin J. Walsh, Mayor of Boston, MA
- James Diossa, Mayor of Central Falls, RI
- Mark Kleinschmidt, Mayor of Chapel Hill, NC
- Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago, IL
- Edward Terry, Mayor of Clarkston, GA
- Nan Whaley, Mayor of Dayton, OH
- Domenick Stampone, Mayor of Haledon, NJ
- Pedro E. Segarra, Mayor of Hartford, CT
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles, CA
- Betsy Hodges, Mayor of Minneapolis, MN
- Bill de Blasio, Mayor of New York City, NY
- Jose Torres, Mayor of Paterson, NJ
- William Peduto, Mayor of Pittsburgh, PA
- Javier Gonzales, Mayor of Santa Fe, NM
- Francis G. Slay, Mayor of St. Louis, MO
- Stephanie A. Miner, Mayor of Syracuse, NY
Evidently not much…
Turns out that 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed of Irving, Texas, never invented a clock, and had no reason to bring the suspicious-looking device to school. But everyone from Mark Zuckerberg to President Obama was fooled by what appears to have been a hoax designed to muster sympathy for Muslims accused of terrorism, while putting police on their heels and undermining the “see something, say something” directive for citizen vigilance. Here’s the real story:
• There was no “school project” or science assignment to justify Mohamed bringing the device to school .
• Just three weeks into his freshman year, Mohamed was no “science whiz well-known by high school teachers for tinkering.”
• The “clock” wasn’t made from scratch but just the guts of a mass-manufactured digital clock, complete with AC cord and 9-volt backup battery connection.
• With its exposed wires and lack of a face, the gutted clock looked like a bomb. It also sounded like a bomb: The alarm was set to go off during English class; the beeping startled the teacher who called police.
• When police questioned Mohamed, he wasn’t cooperative and was described as “disrespectful.”
• The police chief said the device was “intended to create a level of alarm; in other words, a hoax bomb.”
• Mohamed’s Sudanese father — a Muslim political activist involved in previous Muslim grievances — reportedly asked the cops to re-handcuff his son — so his daughter could take the photo that went viral.
• Mohamed tweeted: “Thank you fellow supporters. We can ban together to stop this racial inequality.”
• The family’s spokesperson is the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a terror-tied group that in 2006 sued US Airways for kicking several Muslim activists off a flight for behaving suspiciously and rattling passengers — a stunt that looks eerily similar.
I’ll go with the position that if the Manchurian Marxist Moslem is supporting him, it’s likely to be a dishonest ruse.
Missy and I recently took a nice stroll through Wegerzyn Metropark located in North Dayton (see photos below). It’s a fantastic botanical garden with a mix of English style formality along with traditional midwestern plants.
We’re from Ohio and we’re not fans of our Governor… he’s another ‘compassionate’ conservative who is not the right guy to lead this country.
Can someone please explain to me the difference between RINOs John Kasich and Jeb Bush? Kasich doesn’t speak Spanish, that’s about the only thing I could think of. On policy, they are basically one in the same. Both want amnesty, but support Common Core and now both want to bring unvetted Syrian ‘refugees’ to this country that no Muslim country is willing to accept.
The Egyptian Foreign Minister noted:
he had a one on one meeting with Obama who swore to him that he was a Moslem, the son of a Moslem father and step-son of Moslem step-father, that his half-brothers in Kenya were Moslems, and that he was loyal to the Moslem agenda. He asked that the Moslem world show patience. Obama promised that once he overcame some domestic American problems, that he would show the Moslem world what he would do with Israel.
Walter Russell Mead provides a good explanation about the Paradox:
Capitalism, the social engine without which neither Europe nor the U.S. would have the wealth or strength to embrace liberal values with any hope of success, is often seen as a cruel, anti-human system that is leading the world to a Malthusian climate catastrophe. Military strength, without which the liberal states would be overwhelmed, is regarded with suspicion in the U.S. and with abhorrence in much of Europe. Too many people in the West interpret pluralism and tolerance in ways that forbid or unrealistically constrain the active defense of these values against illiberal states like Russia or illiberal movements like radical Islam.