The definition of the word Conundrum is: something that is puzzling or confusing. Think about this: “A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”… Here are six Conundrums about socialism in the United States of America:
1. America is capitalist and greedy – yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
Think about it! That pretty much sums up the USA in the 21st Century. Makes you wonder who is doing the math.
These three short sentences tell you a lot about the direction of our current government and cultural environment:
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Moslems by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.
2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. But we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money! What’s interesting is the first group “worked for” their money, but the second didn’t.
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our military, and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.
Hat tip to my buddy, Joe K.