More goodies from StrangeCosmos… A first grade teacher collected old, well known proverbs. She gave each kid in her class the first half of a proverb, and had them come up with the rest:
1. Better to be safe than… punch a 5th grader.
2. Strike while the… bug is close.
3. It’s always darkest before… daylight savings time.
4. Don’t bite the hand that… looks dirty.
5. You can’t teach an old dog new… math.
6. If you lie down with the dogs, you’ll… stink in the morning.
7. The pen is mightier than the… pigs.
8. Where there’s smoke, there’s… pollution.
9. A penny saved is… not much.
10. Two’s company, three’s… the Musketeers.
11. Children should be seen and not… spanked or grounded.
12. If at first you don’t succeed… get new batteries.