A great article from Ralph Peters about the incompetent Obama administration and their naive attempts to spread their brand of socialism. A small excerpt:
Wednesday, March 24, 2010, was the worst day for US diplomacy in recent memory. Between sunrise and sunset, we 1) handled our Israeli allies as enemies, 2) treated Pakistani gangsters as our benefactors and 3) got blindsided — brilliantly — by the Russians…
A few more experienced folks write about the Manchurian Marxist Moslem approach to foreign policy. The first is from Elliot Abrams:
Since the Oslo Accords of 1993, 17 years of efforts under three American presidents and six Israeli prime ministers have taught five clear lessons. Each of them is being ignored by President Obama, which is why his own particular “peace process” has so greatly harmed real efforts at peace…What are the lessons the Obama team is ignoring?
1. Israel’s flexibility is dependent on its sense of security.
2. The failure to set standards for Palestinian conduct hurts the cause of peace.
3. Israeli withdrawals do not lead to peace unless law and order can be maintained by responsible security forces.
4. The Israeli-Palestinian dispute is not the center of world, Arab, or Muslim politics.
5. The ‘peace process’ retards peace.
The Executive Director of the Foreign Policy Initiative writes about the proposed Arms-Control Agreement:
Perhaps most troubling is this administration’s belief that U.S. and Russian reductions in nuclear weapons will somehow affect the calculus of nuclear rogues such as North Korea or nuclear wannabes such as Iran. North Korea, Iran, and other countries that develop illicit nuclear-weapons programs are not going to set aside their ambitions because the United States and Russia have hundreds fewer deployed nuclear weapons.