With a son in college, I decided to consult with StrageCosmos to identify the strange things you learn in college (but not necessarrily in the classroom)
1. Flip-flops become as important as soap and shampoo.
2. Getting to bed by 1:00 AM is an early night.
3. New additions to the food groups: Mountain Dew, Doritos, Ben & Jerry’s, Ho-Hos and Oreos.
4. Make sure your alarm clock has back-up batteries.
5. You begin to learn about the value of taking naps again.
6. The book your professor wrote is always required for his class.
7. E-mail becomes your second language.
8. Frat parties are exactly like they are in the movies.
9. You never realized so many people are smarter than you.
10. You never realized so many people are dumber than you.
11. Don’t burn bridges with friends, especially if he/she is good in courses you’re taking.
12. Forget putting the toilet seat down, you just pray that they flush.
13. College girls are the same as high school girls – just with more freedom and no curfew.
14. Learn to appreciate your roommate, especially when he leaves you the room.
15. Printers only break down when you desperately need them.
16. Even though the beds are long, they are also extra narrow.
17. Any game can be made into a drinking game.
18. Find one thing you like in the dining hall and go with it.
19. You will hear more stupid nicknames than you ever thought possible.
20. Keep your high school term papers; nowadays, everything is recycled.
21. You almost forget how to drive.
22. People still cheat; it’s just more technologically advanced.
23. You get really good with excuses for skipping class.
24. Ordering food at 1 AM is a common occurrence.
25. You never realized how cool you can be.
26. TV becomes a bigger time sucker than ever before.
27. Keys have never been so important, yet you seem to lose them more than ever before.
28. You meet the type of people you only thought existed in the movies.
29. You learn to sleep with light, noise, extreme temperatures, and roommates snoring.
30. You don’t have to cover your textbooks anymore.
31. You become a juggler with the balance between school, friends, girls, activities, work, parties.
32. People that were geeks in high school seem okay now.
33. You begin to realize that college is about the ideal lifestyle, except for those pesky classes.
34. You get good at rationalizing on whether to do homework or not.
35. Going to the mini-mart is a major treat.
36. Amount of alcohol consumed is inversely proportional to grade point average.
37. The longer you’re there, the less you talk about home.
38. Always wear your safety goggles. They’re not kidding.
39. You don’t learn last names.
40. People who never talked to you in high school are now your best friends when you come home.
41. All you have to do to make new friends is have mom send some cookies.
42. You never realized how quiet your house was.
43. You get along so much better with your family now that you never see any of them.
44. Your life will never be the same again.