Check these out:
- The military salute is a motion that evolved from medieval times, when knights in armor raised their visors to reveal their identity.
- If you get into the bottom of a well or a tall chimney and look up, you can see stars, even in the middle of the day.
- When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go. The first sense lost is the sight.
- In ancient times strangers shook hands to show that they were unarmed.
- Strawberries are the only fruits whose seeds grow on the outside.
- Due to earth’s gravity it is impossible for mountains to be higher than 15,000 meters.
- Everything weighs one percent less at the equator.
- For every extra kilogram carried on a space flight, 530 kg of extra fuel are needed at lift-off.
- The letter J does not appear anywhere on the periodic table of the elements.