Some interesting trivia, courtesy of MentalFloss…
- Johnny Cash’s “A Boy Named Sue” was penned by beloved children’s author Shel Silverstein.
- Ben & Jerry learned how to make ice cream by taking a $5 correspondence course offered by Penn State.
- In 1939, Hitler’s nephew wrote an article called “Why I Hate My Uncle.”
- “Jay” used to be slang for “foolish person.” So when a pedestrian ignored street signs, he was referred to as a “jaywalker.”
- The Q in Q-tips stands for quality. They were originally called Baby Gays.
- The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.
- Dr. Ruth was trained as a sniper by the Israeli military.
- Hawaiian Punch was originally developed in 1934 as a tropical flavored ice cream topping.