Thanks to Strange Cosmos… Interesting facts about inventors:
- In 1894, Lord Kelvin predicted that heavier-than-air flying machines were impossible.
- Air-filled tires were used on bicycles before they were used on cars.
- The first neon sign was made in 1923 for a Packard dealership.
- The can opener was invented 48 years after cans were introduced.
- The hair perm was invented in 1906 by Karl Ludwig Nessler of Germany.
- The first fax process was patented in 1843.
- During the 1860s, George Leclanche developed the dry-cell battery.