I’ve been the constant naysayer… Scott Morris provides a cogent analysis of why things may be different this year:
I’ve been to two regular season shutout wins this season where I’ve seen the Blue Jackets outscore the opposition 7-0. I don’t mean to get your hopes up and I realize that it’s early in the season but here are a few key facts to keep in mind:
* Nash roofed a ridiculous goal between his legs tonight… If you haven’t seen this yet you need to find a video of it.
* The Jackets’ start of 5-3-1 is their best in franchise history.
* At this young stage of the season they sit 2nd in the Central division behind Detroit.
* Pazzy (Pascal Leclaire) sits atop the league in shutouts with 4… His GAA and save percentage is sweet also.
* Leclaire is 1 shutout away from tying a franchise record in a season (amazing and sad, isn’t it?).
* The Jackets’ boast the best Penalty Killing % in the league – somewhere in the mid 90s.
* Nash has 9 goals in 8 games and is in the top 10 in the league in points.
* The Hanson brothers made an appearance at the game and everyone received a set of Hanson brother glasses.