1. A quarter has 119 grooves on its edge, a dime has one less groove.
2. A typical double mattress contains as many as two million house dust mites.
3. Approximately 68% of consumers receiving junk mail actually open the envelopes.
4. An average of 200 million credit cards are used every day in the United States.
5. Approximately 30 billion cakes of Ivory Soap had been manufactured by 1990.
6. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades – King David; Clubs – Alexander the Great; Hearts – Charlemagne; and Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
7. Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.
8. Each of us generates 5 pounds of rubbish a day; most of it is paper.
9. Every year, over 8,800 people injure themselves with a toothpick.
10. All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.